Try adding xserver=XF86_SVGA xmodule=mga to the cheat code and maybe vga=normal if that does not work.
I'm using an old computer which should be adequate for knoppix use. 500 mhz PIII, 320mb RAM, and a Matrox MGA G200 video card. This setup works fine, but on one monitor I have it won't work. This monitor, an old-school Magnavox CM2089 (says "Super VGA" on the front), works fine in Windows with settings of 800x600 and a refresh rate of 60hz. However, when I try to boot Knoppix as follows:
knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
I get 4 loading screens side by side, kind of overlapping.
Any help?
Thanks in advance.
Try adding xserver=XF86_SVGA xmodule=mga to the cheat code and maybe vga=normal if that does not work.
Thanks. it worked with the following cheat code:
xserver=XF86_SVGA xmodule=mga vga=normal screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
thanks
EDIT (for my memory): This worked: xmodule=mga vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=75

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$689.00
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99