Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to switch off the screen saver?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Question How to switch off the screen saver?

    I have installed Knoppix-6.2-CD onto HDD by copying the booted Live-CD system
    to mounted another partition. As I liked light and crisp response of it I have
    installed Knoppix-6.2-DVD on another partition on the HDD. But I found a little
    problem.

    Could anyone tell me how to switch off the "screen saver"? So it appears to me
    not possible I had to removed "xscreensaver" program for now. Should there not
    be a tick box to disable it?---godoten

    PS:
    I have tried version-6.4.3 also but my GeForce-9800 seems miss-match with it.
    It slugs so bad as "not usable"! Neither I can install the NVIDIA's driver.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by godoten View Post
    Could anyone tell me how to switch off the "screen saver"? So it appears to me
    not possible I had to removed "xscreensaver" program for now. Should there not
    be a tick box to disable it?.
    Silly me! I don't know what I was talking about. I had Knoppix-6.4.3-DVD on a USB stick
    which works very well on my laptop, and it has "xscreensaver" on the menu with which
    program I can disable the screensaver. On the Knoppix-6.2-DVD copy on a HDD I can't
    find anything to do with "screen saver or xscreensaver"...! If I could delete this thread I
    would but I don't know if I could.

    I am sorry wasting your time,---godoten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99