-
Boot goes blank with all options
v6.0.1 worked for me in the past, but I was trying to mount an EFI GPT HFS+ Mac partition on a SATA drive, and it wasn't working. I downloaded v6.4.3 in hopes it had support for GPT and burned that to a CD, but now it just goes to a blank screen no matter what I try. It acts like things are loading, and even after the activity LED on my computer case stops blinking, pressing the Reset button will cause some more activity, followed by a the CD being ejected after I press Enter, even though I can't see a thing on the screen.
I tried: knoppix vga=0, knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3, and failsafe debug -b 3 but they all more or less immediately go to a blank screen.
Hardware is:
Abit KN9 SLI nForce 570 SLI
Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz (Socket AM2)
3GB DDR2 (2x 1GB + 2x 512MB)
Asus GeForce 7600GS 512MB DDR2 (PCI Express)
250GB 7200rpm Hitachi SATA drive
52x CD-ROM (IDE)
no floppy, no DVD or burner on this computer.
Using PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft USB Laser Mouse 6000, and a Samsung SyncMaster 940BF 19" LCD. I normally only have DVI hooked up, but as the video card has a VGA output as well, I tried that just to check. Still blank screen there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

• Authentic TUMI 96081D4 Black Leather Daypack Travel Laptop Backpack - Vintage
$175.00

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99

Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00