-
Found something that helps. If I use "knoppix xmodule=svga" then I get to stare at a black screen for 2-3 minutes while things boot, and eventually, the X desktop appears. If I try to ctrl+alt+F1 to get a text terminal, it just goes black again and I can't ctrl+alt+F5 to get back to X.
The whole time (BIOS screen, boot prompt, black screen while booting, X desktop, and black screen for text terminal) the monitor info screen says "DIGITAL 63.9kHz 60Hz PP 1280x1024" and never changes.
The last things I can see before the long black screen boot process are:
boot: knoppix xmodule=svga
Loading linux...........
Loading minirt.gz..........ready.
(screen clears/blinks once)
Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok
Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.
Booting the kernel.
(screen clears)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99