-

Originally Posted by
Ark42
Found something that helps. If I use "knoppix xmodule=svga" then I get to stare at a black screen for 2-3 minutes while things boot, and eventually, the X desktop appears. If I try to ctrl+alt+F1 to get a text terminal, it just goes black again and I can't ctrl+alt+F5 to get back to X.
This is not as it should be, but the key-combos don't seem to work as usual for me, either. I have had to use to switch to the first virtual terminal; once there, the key-combos work again until you're back in X. You can also open a terminal in X from the icon that looks like a terminal on the bottom left. Don't forget use "sudo" or "sudo su" if you need root privileges (which those virtual terminals have, by default.)
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

1970s Brother's Printer and Typewriter with Working Floppy Disk
$378.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00