Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix USB 6.2 filesystem question

  1. #1

    Knoppix USB 6.2 filesystem question

    Hello everyone,

    I just installed Knoppix 6.2 on a 4GB USB stick, and it works fine. I just have two questions:


    1. I can navigate the Knoppix filesystem from Knoppix (when it runs from the USB stick), but when I navigate the USB stick itself, I can't see the filesystem. This hasn't created any problems or anything, I was just curious where the filesystem is on the USB stick.
    2. I would like to use the same USB stick for regular usage, i.e. to copy files onto it, and plug it into any computer (Windows or Linux) and see and use those files. Is that possible without interfering with the Knoppix installation? In other words, let's say you run Ubuntu or Windows 7. You plug in that USB stick (which has Knoppix installed). You see a folder named "boot", another one named "KNOPPIX" and various files. Can I created a folder named "my files" or something like that, and use it to transfer files like you would do on any regular USB stick, but without this ruining the Knoppix installation?

    Thanks for your help everyone.

    Alex

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... if you created persistent memory on the USB-Stick using the remaining free memory space, then you can not use this USB-stick for regular usage.

    But if you create a multi purpose USB-stick
    http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html#mpusb
    then you can use the partition #2 for regular use.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    "Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99