-
Knoppix USB 6.2 filesystem question
Hello everyone,
I just installed Knoppix 6.2 on a 4GB USB stick, and it works fine. I just have two questions:
- I can navigate the Knoppix filesystem from Knoppix (when it runs from the USB stick), but when I navigate the USB stick itself, I can't see the filesystem. This hasn't created any problems or anything, I was just curious where the filesystem is on the USB stick.
- I would like to use the same USB stick for regular usage, i.e. to copy files onto it, and plug it into any computer (Windows or Linux) and see and use those files. Is that possible without interfering with the Knoppix installation? In other words, let's say you run Ubuntu or Windows 7. You plug in that USB stick (which has Knoppix installed). You see a folder named "boot", another one named "KNOPPIX" and various files. Can I created a folder named "my files" or something like that, and use it to transfer files like you would do on any regular USB stick, but without this ruining the Knoppix installation?
Thanks for your help everyone.
Alex
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00