-
Knoppix USB 6.2 filesystem question
Hello everyone,
I just installed Knoppix 6.2 on a 4GB USB stick, and it works fine. I just have two questions:
- I can navigate the Knoppix filesystem from Knoppix (when it runs from the USB stick), but when I navigate the USB stick itself, I can't see the filesystem. This hasn't created any problems or anything, I was just curious where the filesystem is on the USB stick.
- I would like to use the same USB stick for regular usage, i.e. to copy files onto it, and plug it into any computer (Windows or Linux) and see and use those files. Is that possible without interfering with the Knoppix installation? In other words, let's say you run Ubuntu or Windows 7. You plug in that USB stick (which has Knoppix installed). You see a folder named "boot", another one named "KNOPPIX" and various files. Can I created a folder named "my files" or something like that, and use it to transfer files like you would do on any regular USB stick, but without this ruining the Knoppix installation?
Thanks for your help everyone.
Alex
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of Ram
$3000.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00