-
Knoppix USB 6.2 filesystem question
Hello everyone,
I just installed Knoppix 6.2 on a 4GB USB stick, and it works fine. I just have two questions:
- I can navigate the Knoppix filesystem from Knoppix (when it runs from the USB stick), but when I navigate the USB stick itself, I can't see the filesystem. This hasn't created any problems or anything, I was just curious where the filesystem is on the USB stick.
- I would like to use the same USB stick for regular usage, i.e. to copy files onto it, and plug it into any computer (Windows or Linux) and see and use those files. Is that possible without interfering with the Knoppix installation? In other words, let's say you run Ubuntu or Windows 7. You plug in that USB stick (which has Knoppix installed). You see a folder named "boot", another one named "KNOPPIX" and various files. Can I created a folder named "my files" or something like that, and use it to transfer files like you would do on any regular USB stick, but without this ruining the Knoppix installation?
Thanks for your help everyone.
Alex
-
... if you created persistent memory on the USB-Stick using the remaining free memory space, then you can not use this USB-stick for regular usage.
But if you create a multi purpose USB-stick
http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html#mpusb
then you can use the partition #2 for regular use.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
"Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99