Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SSH Question

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30

    SSH Question

    I understand I can use ssh to encrypt my web browsing. I went to Properties and started the ssh server. But how do I actually use it? Do I have to configure something?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    OK, no one took this for a reason, it is not quite simple as that, this requires some study to get going, say 20-30 min or so for basic "get this magic working but no real understanding" and maybe a few hours to understand the thing.
    if you want secure communication between two computers you "tunnel" the networking through ssh to the remote machine.
    ssh in it self is a "Secure SHell" that is a "console" for remote access, but as many things in linux it has many uses.
    look here for tunneling
    http://www.revsys.com/writings/quick...sh-tunnel.html
    http://www.oreillynet.com/wireless/2001/02/23/wep.html
    and here for ssh
    http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SSH
    http://oceanpark.com/notes/ssh_howto.html
    http://sshkeychain.sourceforge.net/m...th-Keys-HOWTO/

    If tunneling is not what you look for search the net with favourite search engine for anonymous surfing or similar or explain what you want bit more in detail.
    Last edited by OErjan; 01-16-2011 at 02:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for your help. I thought it would be something simpler. I do use a paid ssh tunneling service for anonymity when web-surfing so I guess I will stay with that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$44.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 64GB (WiFi) picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 64GB (WiFi)

$189.95



SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6

SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6" Intel N4020 4GB 32GB CLEAN UP TO DATE X3 LOT

$89.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY picture

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY

$999.00