-
OK, I understand how jigdo can help now. For some reason, I was only thinking of keeping the original files intact.
My booting scheme may be rather complicated. By not having a burner nor a floppy, I extract the ISO's /KNOPPIX directory to some partition onto my main hard drive (/dev/hde ... using the Promise Ultra100TX2). I just so happen to run six different OSes from that hard drive, so the way I've laid out my partitions isn't the best for what I've done.
So, with a second hard drive (/dev/hdg), I've created a 1-cylinder (8MB) Linux ext2 partition. I dump the boot.img file (via dd) directly onto that partition and made it active. I set my PC's BIOS to boot the second hard drive, I get the KNOPPIX boot screen and it finds the extracted directory on /dev/hde.
One ?bug? I've noticed is that even though I can "boot the boot floppy image" from /dev/hdg, it cannot find the extracted /KNOPPIX directory on /dev/hdg nor /dev/hdh (again, all hard drives are connected to Ultra100TX2 ... only Zip250 and CD drives are on the motherboards main IDE ports). Later in the boot process, I think I see two identical errors about "major-block-device-2" or something very similar. I have a feeling that error is related to the two hard drives /dev/hdg and /dev/hdh. I cannot even use those drives once KNOPPIX is fully loaded. Maybe Klaus set a limit of 5 or 6 devices, and only allows the use of /dev/hde and /dev/hdf. It's not a huge problem, but something worth noting nonetheless.
I too noticed the knx-hdinstall "bug". Did you still get 100% filesystem full errors with a 4GB partition? I tried with ext3 and it still ran out of space. I'll try the other formats later.
The other minor detail I notices was the KDE KNOPPIX splash screen. It still refers to KNOPPIX 3.2 whereas the new background image clearly indicates a new version number. 
thewalkingman, all I did was e-mail Klaus per one of the previous messages and he sent me the website credentials.
-SUO
Similar Threads
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 09:12 AM
-
By ktheking in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
-
By vasudevram in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum News
Replies: 152
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00