Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Announcement from Klaus - DVD Knoppix planned

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Announcement from Klaus - DVD Knoppix planned

    We are currently planning a DVD edition of Knoppix for LinuxTag 2003 (http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/en/index.html).

    For this, I would like to know which software you would like to see on a "full featured" version. Uncompressed space available is about 6 GB (currently in use: 2.7 GB), so the compressed image will roughly need 2.2 GB of space on a 4.7 GB medium, if not too much data is already in compressed format.

    The remaining of the DVD space will be used for the free conference papers, sponsor and multimedia stuff.
    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ne/003062.html

    --Also, 2003-0606 will probably be the last version until LinuxTag 2003 happens.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Anyone know the dates for LinuxTag 2003? I can't seem to get into their website.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Anyone seen where we can get the LinuxTag kit? I want that dvd.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Anyone know the dates for LinuxTag 2003? I can't seem to get into their website.
    July 10-13

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    I asked Klaus about weather we can buy the DVD, and the answer was basicly no, you have to come. So I can't exactly travel to the other side of the world, but I would really like a DVD!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I asked Klaus about weather we can buy the DVD, and the answer was basicly no, you have to come. So I can't exactly travel to the other side of the world, but I would really like a DVD!
    That sucks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I asked Klaus about weather we can buy the DVD, and the answer was basicly no, you have to come. So I can't exactly travel to the other side of the world, but I would really like a DVD!
    That sucks.
    Hmm just reading the email again, he says he doesn't know, and there may be leftovers that could be sold by resellers. I've sent an email to Linuxtag so they might be able to clarify.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    This DVD edition will be a one-time project and only be available
    within the LinuxTag 2003 Kit (fee is used for funding the Free
    Project booths on the exhibition), and not for download (maybe with
    exceptions for betatesters with high bandwidth). Followup editions
    of Knoppix after LinuxTag will still be standard 700MB CD images
    (until virtually everyone can afford a DVD-writer and CD-Rom drives
    have vanished completely).- Klaus Knopper
    Can you only obtain the LinuxTag kit referenced above if you're at LinuxTag? I'll send some money!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Yah; sorry guys, I was so excited I posted b4 reading the whole article.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    This DVD edition will be a one-time project and only be available
    within the LinuxTag 2003 Kit (fee is used for funding the Free
    Project booths on the exhibition), and not for download (maybe with
    exceptions for betatesters with high bandwidth). Followup editions
    of Knoppix after LinuxTag will still be standard 700MB CD images
    (until virtually everyone can afford a DVD-writer and CD-Rom drives
    have vanished completely).- Klaus Knopper
    Can you only obtain the LinuxTag kit referenced above if you're at LinuxTag? I'll send some money!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hello all,

    That how promotionals work -- so we will have to wait.

    But not to long, please. So why doesn't someone
    with a really big hard drive start adding on the programs?

    I miss the speech reading engine -- so don't
    forget putting festival back in. That will be good
    for a few megabytes.

    But why not a KNOPPIX that mounts 2 CD's first?

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 09:12 AM
  2. THUMBS UP FOR KNOPPIX AND FOR KLAUS !!!
    By ktheking in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
  4. Knoppix saved our day - thanks Klaus and team!
    By vasudevram in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
  5. CeBIT-news: Klaus presentated Knoppix 3.2
    By Robert Michel in forum News
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 04:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz) picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)

$75.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US picture

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US

$41.30



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00