Anyone know the dates for LinuxTag 2003? I can't seem to get into their website.
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ne/003062.htmlWe are currently planning a DVD edition of Knoppix for LinuxTag 2003 (http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/en/index.html).
For this, I would like to know which software you would like to see on a "full featured" version. Uncompressed space available is about 6 GB (currently in use: 2.7 GB), so the compressed image will roughly need 2.2 GB of space on a 4.7 GB medium, if not too much data is already in compressed format.
The remaining of the DVD space will be used for the free conference papers, sponsor and multimedia stuff.
--Also, 2003-0606 will probably be the last version until LinuxTag 2003 happens.
Anyone know the dates for LinuxTag 2003? I can't seem to get into their website.
Anyone seen where we can get the LinuxTag kit? I want that dvd.
July 10-13Originally Posted by aay
I asked Klaus about weather we can buy the DVD, and the answer was basicly no, you have to come. So I can't exactly travel to the other side of the world, but I would really like a DVD!
That sucks.Originally Posted by eadz
Hmm just reading the email again, he says he doesn't know, and there may be leftovers that could be sold by resellers. I've sent an email to Linuxtag so they might be able to clarify.Originally Posted by aay
Can you only obtain the LinuxTag kit referenced above if you're at LinuxTag? I'll send some money!!This DVD edition will be a one-time project and only be available
within the LinuxTag 2003 Kit (fee is used for funding the Free
Project booths on the exhibition), and not for download (maybe with
exceptions for betatesters with high bandwidth). Followup editions
of Knoppix after LinuxTag will still be standard 700MB CD images
(until virtually everyone can afford a DVD-writer and CD-Rom drives
have vanished completely).- Klaus Knopper
--Yah; sorry guys, I was so excited I posted b4 reading the whole article.
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Hello all,
That how promotionals work -- so we will have to wait.
But not to long, please. So why doesn't someone
with a really big hard drive start adding on the programs?
I miss the speech reading engine -- so don't
forget putting festival back in. That will be good
for a few megabytes.
But why not a KNOPPIX that mounts 2 CD's first?
Best Wishes
paradocs

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99