-
Senior Member
registered user
Ubuntu 10.10 LiveUSB
I have recently set up a Live USB version of Ubuntu 10.10 on a 2 Gb SanDisk card.
I used the PenDrive program to make the LiveUSB directly from the Ubuntu iso.
The result provides a remarkably clean and efficient Linux Desktop,
which compares quite favorably with my Knoppix 6.4.3 Live USB.
The quirky LXDE & PCManFM imperfections which plague Knoppix 6.2 and 6.4 are happily absent.
Ubuntu 10.10, 32-bit has a few worrisome (installation) edges, but not many.
Unfortunately, I haven't found Ubuntu forums as friendly or as useful as knoppix.net.
I just got (in mid Jan 2010) a Launchpad query about a Ubuntu bug I posted there in May 2010.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00