There has been some discussion of startup script errors here (in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.) I personally use a modified version to keep the timezone set between boots, as it would erase my /etc/timezone file.
Cheers!
Krishna![]()
I've got a keyboard setting problem using 6.4 on a flash drive.
Using System Settings/Regional & Language/Keyboard Layout I've set the Active Layout to "gb" but it doesn't survive rebootiing.
Any help would be appreciated.
There has been some discussion of startup script errors here (in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.) I personally use a modified version to keep the timezone set between boots, as it would erase my /etc/timezone file.
Cheers!
Krishna![]()
@ jaques1
I'm presuming you are using persistent store.
If not, do that first.
If all else fails, you can usually have /etc/rc.local to re-establish things
at each boot with some console commands.
Last edited by utu; 01-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
@ jaques1
I expect a solution to this partucular problem then
is to call up your script from /etc/rc.local.
For others, you might publish your script here.
There is also the possiblility that your problem is another
manifestation of an LXDE 'over-initalization' problem,
the cure for which is covered here in another thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...gs-persistence
See specifically my post #5 there.
I tried the modification in your post #5 but lost the window function symbols at the top right of each window. Sorted things out with a reinstall. For info heres's how I derived the script instruction: Go System Settings/Regional & Language/Keyboard Layout and choose your keyboard model and active layout. The resultant entry in the Command field is all you need to use in your script (in my case: "setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout gb").
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 01-25-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Formatting/typo fix

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard
$84.99