-
USB device speed too low?
I am new to LINUX/Knoppix and I am hoping to use it to make a backup/restore system for a 5-year-old Windows XP PC (see my other thread). I am posting here because I have found that in Knoppix my USB HDD is much slower than it is in Windows. The 'usbview' program says it's 12Mbps 'full speed' and I am seeing transfer speeds of 700kB/s, whereas in Windows I am seeing 17MB/s.
Can anyone help me to figure out what's wrong? I think the USB HDD should be running at 'high speed', which is much faster than 'full speed'. Windows must be running it at a higher speed, but I don't have a Windows equivalent to 'usbview' to check this.
One possibility is that my Knoppix version is too old to know about 'high speed', but I want to be sure about the reason before I download the latest version.
Thanks
Peter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$438.45

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

LaCie Rugged SSD 1TB Portable SSD USB3.1 Gen2 IP67 Waterproof
$475.00

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99