Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 1280x1024 resolution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    1280x1024 resolution

    i currently have 4 distros installed on my system. Mandrake 9.1, SuSE 8.2, Redhat 9 and Knoppix 3.2 6-6-2003. I have been using knoppix since feb of this year and I have never been abble to get a resolution of more than 1024x768. I am using a Radeon 7000 with 64 meg ram and every other distro can get 1280x1024. Even when I manually edit the Xfree86 file it still refuses to enter full res. Any ideas.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    I may sound dumb, but have you tried copy over the XF86Config-4 file from the distribution that can give you higher resolution ? I am assuming the XFfree86 binaries are compatible.

    If using the same config file and you still cannot get the resolution you want, I am afraid you may need to find(or build) your own X, or may be the kernel.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    24

    you can set it at boot.

    I don't know if you are talking about a HD install but when I boot knoppix, at the boot prompt I always type screen=1280x1024. This will start X in 1280x1024, then if you do a HD install the resolution should remain the same.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: 1280x1024 resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by iomari
    i currently have 4 distros installed on my system. Mandrake 9.1, SuSE 8.2, Redhat 9 and Knoppix 3.2 6-6-2003. I have been using knoppix since feb of this year and I have never been abble to get a resolution of more than 1024x768. I am using a Radeon 7000 with 64 meg ram and every other distro can get 1280x1024. Even when I manually edit the Xfree86 file it still refuses to enter full res. Any ideas.
    I have a Radeon 7200 and I boot like this:

    screen=1280x1024 xmodule=ati which works quite well. You could always boot that way, copy over the XF86Config-4 and try that. This way you also have DRI and GL set up and you'll be using the Radeon xserver.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.9.2 mit 1280x1024 unter KDE
    By annastasia75 in forum German Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
  2. 1280x1024 screen problem
    By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
  3. Can't set X resolution to 1280x1024 after installing to HD
    By marktam264 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
  4. Cheatcode: screen=1280x1024 doesn't work
    By el_manaba in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
  5. Troubles trying to run in 1280x1024
    By Emanem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99