-
6.4.3 CD from iso
I built a 1GB to boot Knoppix by grub4dos:
- creating a new fs with mkdosfs -n KNOPPIX -F 32
- copying the iso file to KNX.iso to avoid fragmentation, same name as cheatcode example.
- installing grub4dos with bootlace.com /dev/sdb
- copying grldr
- extracting from iso linux and initrd.gz to start the boot process
- creating menu.lst
my menu.lst contains only one entry:
title KNOPPIX CD LXDE
root (hd0,0)
kernel /linux bootfrom=/dev/sda1/KNX.iso ramdisk_size=100000 lang=it vt.default_utf8=0
initrd /minirt.gz
firing the usb drive I can see the boot process starting successfully, but after a while the screen become black and the system hangs.
I know I could extract the iso to the KNOPPIX folder to make it working, but I'd like to keep the iso file handy to create new cd or usb for friends.
So I wish some help to make bootfrom= working
I also noticed than on the CD version there is no create persistent img, someone can help on how I can create such an image ?
thanks in advance
benny
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75