-

Originally Posted by
CodyK479
I received Adriane-Knoppix via my school. I do not need Adriane. When knoppix boots up if I do not enter a login it loads some Adriane menu by default. I have to login as knoppix to get to the GUI.
What you are probably doing is booting up the knoppix kernel - either way, your username is knoppix. Don't try to add another user, that leads to heartache with Knoppix.
Where is the config file for the bootup process? I want to at least change the timeout value to 0,
The delay is only 3 seconds! The long delay you report is probably due to reading the CD.
so that I do not have to sit at my computer and wait for the login screen. Or preferably just change the default to login with knoppix or some other user.
The best way to do that is to download another (non-Adriane) version from this list.
Also, it seems stange that you do not enter a password in this linux system. I tried changing the knoppix password. But when it asks for my current password, it does not accept it. Well, I never set a password. So what could it be besides an empty string.
There is NO password until you set one - it makes no sense to have one with Live CD, as was previously mentioned.
Also, when I added a user, the login screen would not accept.
Your changes will not remain if you don't have a persistent store. That pretty much requires a flash drive install, though the medium can also be the hard drive (I use that myself, as it's faster than a flash drive.) As mentioned above, you really should not try to add another user - Knoppix is heavily customized for CD-type usage, and adding another user will not end well (the customizations don't all carry over to the new user, AFAICT.)
So I can only login with knoppix with no password which I do not want and I have to sit and wait for the login prompt lest it loads something up by default that I do not want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hope that helps!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50