Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix + Windows Maker

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix + Windows Maker

    Hello Guys!

    I'm beginner in Knoppix development, so I have a question!
    I'm building a little Knoppix version with only Windows Maker and Java to embbeded systems. For that I downloaded the last DVD version of Knoppix and removed many programs, after that, I installed Windows Maker, Java and edited the Desktop how I like and remastering that version. When I tested the version, that load Windows Maker, but the mouse and keyboard don't work. However I restarted and saw a error message, said: Not found /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. But that file has in my source.
    What's happen? What I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    For that I downloaded the last DVD version of Knoppix and removed many programs,
    ... to remaster Knoppix and using Knoppix-DVD is a bad idea. Take Knoppix-CD.

    Remove only for example libreoffice, gimp and wine to get free space. If you remove "many programs" you will get into trouble and it will be very difficult to seek for lost dependences.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for your answer!

    So I tried remaster Knoppix CD ADRIANE with only installation of wmaker. But happen same problem.
    My question is the WMAKER change anything in boot, when that is installed?


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    I found where happens problem. I saw init file in minit.gz and I changed any commands (inserting prints) to found problem, so I found of problem in line where has:
    exec /sbin/init "$@" < /dev/console 2>&1

    After that command show the message: INIT: cannot execute /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
    $@ has => nomce

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Work!

    Solution: The knoppix-autoconfig start with !/bin/busybox sh, so I changed to !/bin/bash and worked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$149.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99