I'm running the LXDE desktop with a knoppix 7.0.5 USB created from the DVD
Based on suggestions from klaus2008 in http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/305...ut-to-the-menu I've been able to add items to the menu with accessories / menu . Not a big deal, but while adding and deleting works fine, the new item is always at the end of the items in the menu section. The move up and down does not seem to do anything.
Is this a limitation of the menu editor or should I be doing something different?
This is interesting, the item that I added was Firefox and it is last, but everything else is alphabetic within the internet section.
Greetings, Dave.
FWIW, In earlier versions of Knoppix, I used to add a Main Menu category, 'Hidden Gems',
with six items previously not found in the Main Menu. Having tried both Alacarte and LXMed,
I settled on a simple procedure indicated in posts 4 and 5 of the thread at:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/298...highlight=gems
IIRC, these additions are mostly no longer necessary as since most may now be found
somewhere within the existing categories. BUT...
In your case, you might compare your process with mine to see if anything obvious occurs.
Regards

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99