I'm running the LXDE desktop with a knoppix 7.0.5 USB created from the DVD
Based on suggestions from klaus2008 in http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/305...ut-to-the-menu I've been able to add items to the menu with accessories / menu . Not a big deal, but while adding and deleting works fine, the new item is always at the end of the items in the menu section. The move up and down does not seem to do anything.
Is this a limitation of the menu editor or should I be doing something different?
This is interesting, the item that I added was Firefox and it is last, but everything else is alphabetic within the internet section.
Greetings, Dave.
FWIW, In earlier versions of Knoppix, I used to add a Main Menu category, 'Hidden Gems',
with six items previously not found in the Main Menu. Having tried both Alacarte and LXMed,
I settled on a simple procedure indicated in posts 4 and 5 of the thread at:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/298...highlight=gems
IIRC, these additions are mostly no longer necessary as since most may now be found
somewhere within the existing categories. BUT...
In your case, you might compare your process with mine to see if anything obvious occurs.
Regards

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D
$70.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75