I'm running the LXDE desktop with a knoppix 7.0.5 USB created from the DVD
Based on suggestions from klaus2008 in http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/305...ut-to-the-menu I've been able to add items to the menu with accessories / menu . Not a big deal, but while adding and deleting works fine, the new item is always at the end of the items in the menu section. The move up and down does not seem to do anything.
Is this a limitation of the menu editor or should I be doing something different?
This is interesting, the item that I added was Firefox and it is last, but everything else is alphabetic within the internet section.
Greetings, Dave.
FWIW, In earlier versions of Knoppix, I used to add a Main Menu category, 'Hidden Gems',
with six items previously not found in the Main Menu. Having tried both Alacarte and LXMed,
I settled on a simple procedure indicated in posts 4 and 5 of the thread at:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/298...highlight=gems
IIRC, these additions are mostly no longer necessary as since most may now be found
somewhere within the existing categories. BUT...
In your case, you might compare your process with mine to see if anything obvious occurs.
Regards

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00