Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: lxde window list

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123

    lxde window list

    hi everyone
    in the window list I see the tabs of the windows from all my desktops.
    I want to make it only show the ones from the curent desktop.
    I know there is an option when you right click on it and then you can select "show windows from all desktops" but if I check it or not, it doesn't matter.
    So, knoppix experts, what magic commands do I need to run?

    and how can I strip down the cd a bit?
    and how can I make a new menu entry?

    thanks in advance
    (as you've probably already noticed, english is not my strongest point and I sincerely appologie for it. And sorry for overusing commas, it became a bad habit)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242
    Which Knoppix are you using ? Presume 6.4.3.

    Are you using the CD or the DVD ? Presume DVD.

    Did you select Main Menu > Preferences > Systems Settings ? Presume yes.

    You have turned off "show windows from all desktops" for the KDE desktop. I doubt the LXDE desktop will honour this setting. The LXDE desktop is 'simple' and still 'under development' so I doubt you can do it.

    If you find a way, be sure to let us all know.

    Suggestion: ask one question at a time.

    Hints: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto and http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...enu-under-LXDE

    Suggestion: try search or even advanced search before you ask questions for which there are already answers.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    ok, thank you for the hints.
    it's 6.4.3, the cd edition on a usb stick.
    Could it be that Systems Settings is only on dvd? (or I accidently removed it from the main menu )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99