Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Win XP I am really st

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HULL
    Posts
    30

    Win XP I am really st

    Cannot get onto XP because I installed some game files. Apparently it didn't like them and would not run. I can see the offending program using Knoppix, but I cannot get Knoppix to delete the files. There must be a way of deleting these files, but how? Can anyone please help me out, so that I can get my system up and runnning again Thought I could do a system restore andc that would have put things right, but knoppix doesn't even seem to be able to do that. There must be a way. I would appreciate any help. Many thanks Grandad.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I can see the offending program using Knoppix, but I cannot get Knoppix to delete the files. There must be a way of deleting these files, but how?
    ... dont't work as user "Knoppix"; you must be root to manage Windows stuff.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA

$139.99



Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used

$49.99



Vintage Schlesinger 17

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC

$99.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00