-

Originally Posted by
Fiodor
ATI

Originally Posted by
Fiodor
radeon
Oh dear oh deary me.
My understanding is that ATI Radeon is an outfit that fears GPLng their drivers will put them out of business. As a consequence, there are two drivers available from Debian (on which Knoppix is based). An Open Source driver written by guess work, which I don't think does 3D acceleration so no Compiz and a repackaged Closed Source driver that quirks more often than works. You probably have the first and count yourself lucky you do.
I had a machine at work with an ATI Radeom graphics card. It was a Leprechaun. Not one of those crock of gold Leprechauns but the other kind. It was a three wish Leprechaun: I wish I had an Nvidia card, I wish I had the right to mess with the company's hardware and I wish I'd never laid eyes on this machine. I wasted hours and hours and hours over months and months and months trying to get it to work properly. SABENA.
I think you are out of luck but maybe, just maybe, some one else will take exception to what I've just written and give you the answer you seek. I suspect you got no answer because you added your question to a thread that had drifted off onto some other topic. My answer will bring your question to people's attention and maybe you'll be lucky. At least I hope so.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08