-
wireless connects in graphical mode but not in Adrianne
I am setting up my father's laptop - he has been blind since birth (age 91). I have recently installed Adriane after our isp changed all the parameters and I could no longer use LinuxSpeaks.
A friend of mine had helped me figure how to get email working (no real directions on how to get it to work) and we set it up to comply with the provider's IMAP and SMTP parameters after tweaking it to use sendmail. After about 4 hours of work he was able to get it to connect to his wireless and we got it send/receive email successfully and the internet accessed fine.
Now I am at my house - and the computer recognizes my wireless router when in the graphical mode but not when in the text-based Adriane. I have gone through the steps more than several dozen times - the setup recognizes the card, recognizes the router, the configuration has saved the wep password but I just cannot get it to connect. I have disabled the wired card but it still will not connect. I am new to the Linux world and have used the PCLinuxOS distro for years but primarily in the gui realm, so if you have a suggestion please explain it as if I were brand new to the linux world.
I have gone into the gui and have done a synaptic update after limiting the repositories, but the changes made did not help the situation. I hesitate to load a newer distribution after all the changes he made to get it to work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95