Check out the Cheat codes
And the Docs
You should find your answers there. You can also do this:
CTRL+ALT+ + or -
to change resolution on the fly.
Hey, I just burned and ran Knoppix for the first time today.
This is my first ever experience with linux - closest I got util now was using Irix X-windows in 96 or so.
So far I'm very impressed, but, y'know, I'd like to see Knoppix and KDE in more than 640X480...
when I change the desktop resolution the change doesn't take efect right away - I'm told I need to "restart the sesion". How do I do this?
And is there some way of saving those settings somewhere on my HD?
Check out the Cheat codes
And the Docs
You should find your answers there. You can also do this:
CTRL+ALT+ + or -
to change resolution on the fly.

Crucial DDR4 Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM 288-Pin CP32G4DFRA32A
$865.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99
RAM500-015, RAM5006E-015, RAM5005E-015, 01-W3566F16 128MB ECC SDRAM SKUE16
$950.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00