-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
... with I did mean, that Klaus Knopper may have good reasons not leaving a well established compression method for his Knoppix distribution.
He should submit this cloop patches to the kernel team if he continues to want to use it for Knoppix. The knoppix kernel, there are still two modules which are compiled outside the standard distro, ie the aufs2 and cloop. I am seeing there is significant progress in integrating aufs2 into the standard distro, it will not be long aufs2 will be part of a standard kernel source.
cloop will soon be left as the only one needed as an external patch. I am not aware that there is any effort to put that into standard kernel source. I hope I am wrong in this.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99