-
Hi Bo,
Have you solved your problem yet ?

Originally Posted by
BoDiddley
I still cannot open a .pdf file in XPDF.
Is that any pdf file and just a specific pdf file ? In the second case, did you create the pdf file and if so, how ?
I have Knoppix 6.4.3 and I have just downloaded a pdf file and it was opened in okular. I tried xpdf and it opened in there too so it is not all broken for everyone everywhere.

Originally Posted by
BoDiddley
However, Debian recently did a major stable update, which broke OpenOffice again.
Is this pertinent ? I mean, is the manipulation of pdf files in Open Office what broke for you and without which OpenOffice is no use to you ?

Originally Posted by
BoDiddley
I have been doing stable upgrades only for some time now because of OpenOffice.org.
What do you mean by this ? To me, this suggests you have been tracking Debian Lenny, which last year did upgrade OpenOffice.org but only to fix 'security' issues. Now Debian Squeeze is Debian Stable. If you upgraded to this, your whole software base, OpenOffice.org included has jumped two years. Very sorry if this 'broke' your OpenOffice again but it's not like the Debian project did anything Jobsian / Gatesian / patronisingly megalomaniac / shut up little user we know what's best for you.
If this is what happened, I suspect the Knoppix way of doing things is to save your personal data, do a HD install of Knoppix 6.4.4 (which near coincided with the release of Debian 6 aka Squeeze), restore your personal data and go from there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99