-
Hard drive rescue help
Hi,
About a month ago, stupid as I am, I got somewhat irritated on my laptop and gave the keyboard a gentle smash. 30 seconds later Windows 7 gave me the blue screen, and since then no OS can be found when trying to boot. I'm quite broke (and probably will be for some time) and would as far as I can prefer to check out the possibilities of rescuing the most important files myself, rather than paying for someone other to do it for me.
I have been able to boot from a usb-stick, testing several open source OSs. (Hope that means the damage is limited to the internal hard drive.) But, since I'm completely new to this non-windows stuff I still haven't had any success in trying to access my hard drive, mainly because all the commands are all like hebrew to me.
Just found out about Knoppix and decided to try it. I'm running the File Manager, but it only shows to drives: pendrive and knoppix_fs. No c:\. Does this means I won't be able to use Knoppix to rescue any files? (I can add that the machine emits some sort of asthmatic humming sound while trying to boot from the hard drive. Guess that should be taken as a bad omen. An acquaintance told me this might not necessarily mean it's all over, so I'm still giving it my best try.)
Thankful for every help I can get!
Regards,
Jens
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X280 Laptop 12.5” FHD Core i7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 WiFi
$242.22