-
Hi Dave Lister,
Welcome to the Knoppix forums.

Originally Posted by
DaveLister
Any ideas what logs/errors i should be looking for?
Nope, Wrong question I guess: one that no one can answer.
If you're still in need of some help, here are some suggestions.
1. Get rid of the
Code:
javascript:%20resizeTo\(1024,768\)
That's Firefox/Iceweasel specific. If that fixes things, terrific but I doubt it will.
2. When you try to run this tsclient instead of the LXDE desktop, can you still get to a console with ctrl+alt+F1 ? Log in. Have a look in .xsession-errors as well as /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Before you reboot, switch to console 12 with ctrl+alt+F12. There you can see if syslog has recorded anything.
Again, I doubt you'll see anything useful but it a definite certainty if you look after rebooting.
3. Try redirecting stdin, stdout and stderr somewhere. You never know, this might do the trick.
exec tsclient -x /home/knoppix/.tsclient/time1.rdp >/root/tsclient.out 2> /root/tsclient.err < /dev/null
After you reboot you can see if there is anything in the output files that might tell you something.
4. Which version of Knoppix are you using ? The latest is 6.4.4. I don't think tsclient is on the CD so are you using the DVD or have you installed tsclient specially ? The DVD also has the Remmina Remote Desktop Client and KDE's Remote Destop Viewer. You might have more success with one of these. Myself, I've only ever use KDE's RDV.
5. What are you trying to connect to ? A Windows™ terminal server using RDP or some *x server using VNC (or even XDMCP) ? All tsclient does is call programs named rdesktop or vncclient to handle RDP and VNC connections respectively. If you are only going to offer your users a connection to single remote machine then you might be better off trying to use these programs directly.
6. I had a play with tsclient and vncserver (sorry, I'm very ignorant of anything vaguely Windows). I can connect to a server when I start tsclient from the GUI menu. I then list all my process with ps -fU knoppix. I can see tsclient and vncclient and the parameters the first passed to the second. I saved the configuration.
When I start tsclient from the command line with -x configuration, it doesn't work. From the output of ps I can see the parameters passed to vncclient and different and incorrect. I find that vncclient tries anyway and it is three minutes before it gives up. Most people would have decided it was not working after 3 seconds.
7. When I try vncclient from the command line, I am asked for a password for the vncserver and I type in the password. That works because stdin and stdout are connected to the same (virtual) terminal device. When I use tsclient from the menu, the vncclient pops up a tiny window instead. When run using exec as you are doing, it may not know how to ask for the password. That too would stop it working.
Best of luck. Let the forum know how you get on.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72