-
Senior Member
registered user
Offing One's Touchpad
I prefer a nano/mouse to a touchpad on my laptop.
I think I occasionally I may 'fall into' my touchpad
making things happen I didn't intend, like losing
all the text I've spent time putting into something
or other.
I thought 'disabling the touchpad' might
solve my problem.
Well, I can input TouchpadOff=1 to a terminal and
get some temporary relief. But when I try to get the
same action by putting this command in /etc/rc.local,
I get nada, nothing, zilch. Sudos and Sleeps don't help.
I'm not used to being ignored this way by /etc/rc.local.
Can someone explain this to me, or better yet, tell
me how to get what I want?
I just want to write a few symbols somewhere that
will disable my touchpad until such time as I want
to undo this with a similar simple process.
Enormous praise and great fame awaits the first
really good answer to my problem.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 14" 32GB 512GB, BLACK
$432.00