Always is too strong (certainly wrong)
May have something to do with setting LXDE panel
to hide when not in use.
How do I train PCManFM to come up NOT maximized?
Always is too strong (certainly wrong)
May have something to do with setting LXDE panel
to hide when not in use.
I wouldn't know but that sounds like a lxde bug.
did you post it on the lxde forums?
When PCManFM comes up maximised do you have the Minimize Wndow, Maximize Window and Close Window buttons in the top right hand corner of the PCManFM windows ?
Thanks for the comments.
I don't know how I get into this situation, but occasionally it happens. Also, Forester, YES, and at times the frame of PCManFM is partially missing. I thought I'd work on the simpler problem first.
I'm sure it's a bug in LXDE/PCManFM, dinosoep, but I haven't got a good enough description of it yet.
Also, last time I visited LXDE forum it was a wasteland.
I can always recover by ctl-alt-backspace, killing and re-starting X.
A nuisance, since this also kills my wifi.
Hoping someone else seeing this and has a better description of what's going on.
Don't remember this before recent tweak to add 'hide-when-not-in-use ' to lower lxpanel.
One other clue is usually happens when I have a lot of GUIs going at the same time: IceWeasel+OOo spreadsheet+LXPanel +Leafpad+PCManFM.
Last edited by utu; 02-26-2011 at 05:59 PM.
I suspect the two are the same problem. I have been observing a similar effect with Knoppix 6.4.3 for several weeks. I didn't want to say anything until I'd seen if the problem persists in 6.4.4. Sadly it does.
Sometimes, not always, LXTerminal starts with, as utu puts it, an incomplete frame. The terminal comes up with a default sized window (that does not fill the entire desktop display area). The window cannot be moved by dragging and dropping or be resized. First thought is the window is not under control of the window manager, which I gather is Compiz. So first guess is this is a Compiz issue.
I've been using (occasionally) Debian LXDE on venerable desktops and laptops for a couple of years and have not seen this issue, which suggests (tentatively) that this is not an LXDE issue.
I first noticed this issue using kate (I've the DVD MAXI edition, so I've all the KDE programs you miss from Knoppix 5). Here, starting kate from the main menu usually, but not always, exhibits the issue. Starting kate from a terminal command line does not exhibit the issue (I don't recall it ever happening).
I've not seen this with the big, heavy applications I run but I don't start these all that often. I've not noticed this issue at work were I use a virtual machine on a desktop. I have the issue on my new laptop that makes all my other machines look like electric prams.
If you could have a go for a day or so running without Compiz to see if the problem goes away, I'll try running the KDE desktop to see if the problem persists.
Happy hunting.
Thanks, Forester, worth a try.
Don't know if I can live without the wobbly windows and the magic lamp exit, however.
Killed expo and scale months ago.
Professor Forester: Is there an OFF button somewhere on Compiz?
Also ran across this
http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php?topic=2268.0
There is also a workarounds section under compiz/utility.
Any ideas there? Anyone?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00