-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, thank you all for your suggestions.
Here's how far I've got, and I'm open for further enhancements.
1...I found this nice Ubuntu How-To which helps a lot:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=684495
2...I did what it says, and put, as root, this in my /etc/rc.local:
sudo dhclient -r eth1
sudo ifconfig eth1 up
sudo iwconfig eth1 essid "alpha=num essid"
sudo iwconfig eth1 key "10 char hex key"
#sudo iwconfig eth1 key open # didn't need this apparently
sudo iwconfig eth1 mode Managed
sudo dhclient eth1
3...I revised my LiveUSB DEFAULT, as root, to read:
DEFAULT knoppix nonetworkmanager edd=off fromhd=/dev/sdb1
That's the 1st line in /Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
4...Rebooted.
5...Did less /var/log/syslog.
Found that start-of-boot to wi-fi on-line now takes 58 seconds.
Beat that.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R330 8-Bay SFF | Xeon E3-1270 v5 | 16GB | 10GbE | Dual 350W PSU
$199.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00