-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
luther
The line needed to be rooted for the LED to fire, but wasn't able to connect. Therefore, resorted to 'udhcpc' that was installed from synaptic:
I didn't make it clear that in Knoppix 7.2, I've gone back to using Network Manager.
I now use only the line I quoted earlier to boot my system.
You are quite right that the line itself must be issued by root.
This is, or may be, done by /etc/rc.local which has root:root ownership.
The programs you like in 7.03 may be available in 7.2 as well.
I'll take a look at my Synaptic to see if that's so, if you'll name it (or them).
Last edited by utu; 01-29-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00