-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
luther
The line needed to be rooted for the LED to fire, but wasn't able to connect. Therefore, resorted to 'udhcpc' that was installed from synaptic:
I didn't make it clear that in Knoppix 7.2, I've gone back to using Network Manager.
I now use only the line I quoted earlier to boot my system.
You are quite right that the line itself must be issued by root.
This is, or may be, done by /etc/rc.local which has root:root ownership.
The programs you like in 7.03 may be available in 7.2 as well.
I'll take a look at my Synaptic to see if that's so, if you'll name it (or them).
Last edited by utu; 01-29-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq Contura 430cx Vintage Laptop 9.5" Intel 486DX2 50MHz Windows 95 Working
$150.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Amdahl Computer Chip Lucite Paperweight Air Cooled Logic Chip
$89.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

Sealed Vintage Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapters Drivers CD Ver 3.1 Vintage PC NEW
$39.61

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85