Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix Cluster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix Cluster

    Hi there,

    I am currently working on a project to create a cluster using Knoppix and Open Mosix. I have two Dell GX280's currently, connected through a 10/100 switch. The machines ping each other and therefore know they are there, however:

    My issue is when I issue the command "tyd -m 192.168.1.10" on the node I get:

    "Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries.
    Ty-d: trying node [192.168.1.10] for mapme
    Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries."

    That same thing continues to pop up several times typically with a large gap of time in between.

    While on the master I run the command "tyd" to announce it as the master, and it responds:
    "Ty-d: crypt type IPSEC will be used.
    Ty-d: This default gateway will be used [192.168.1.1]
    Ty-d: Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries.
    Ty-d: terrence completed, starting phillip."

    At this point it just sits at that output and does not return a clean command line.

    From what I can tell this file pluto.ctl is what is giving me the issue. If someone could tell me what it is and possibly how to fix this I would appreciate.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242
    Wow Exygot !

    Open Mosix stopped development in 2008 and clusterKnoppix in 2004 !

    I thing pluto is something to do with the OpenSwan implementation of IPSEC. Try http://openswan.org. I doubt there is anyone on this forum can help you.

    Good luck with your project.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Atari 400/800 Programming Language Pilot W/ Turtle Graphics COMPLETE  picture

Atari 400/800 Programming Language Pilot W/ Turtle Graphics COMPLETE

$49.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75