-
Thanks for your reply Forester.
My graphics hardware consists of Graphics Card: eVGA GEforce GTS 450 1 Gb GDDR5
and dual LG W2052TQ Monitors, 20", resolution 1680x1050.
My posts are being delayed by moderators, apparently because I'm new on the forum, so that is hampering the conversation somewhat. As a result, I've had time to explore my original issue (failed install of ubuntu), and have found that the new HD of my new pc has failed. I'm now waiting for it to be replaced, so my original need for knoppix is somewhat dimished.
However, as soon as the box comes back to me I'll try the things you suggest and will post the results.
Your point about mainstream distributions being able to recognize my graphics hardware is significant and, I will probably have to do extraordinary things to get the graphics hardware configured under ubuntu. Hopefully, getting it going on knoppix may help somewhat.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)
$100.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Apple M4848 USB Mouse GRAPHITE iMac G3 Hockey Puck Mouse 1998
$23.99

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$79.00

Vintage 1991 Apple Computer Omni Directional Microphone 590-0617-A
$17.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage 1990’s APPLE MACINTOSH Desktop PC Computer IIci? SEE INTERNALS UNTESTED
$129.90

Vintage Apple iBook G3 Clamshell M2453 Dead HDD For Parts As is
$189.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99