Your best bet is to do the following:
apt-get update
apt-get -s dist-upgrade --------> This allows you to see the updates before you apply them
O.T. you can also go here for updates ie. news: http://www.debianplanet.org/
w
Does anyone know if there is a debian page that tracks what packages have been newly added to testing and unstable? I know where to find the entire list of packages that are in these trees, but I'm I'm only interested in seeing new packages and updates - something akin to freshmeat for debian.
Your best bet is to do the following:
apt-get update
apt-get -s dist-upgrade --------> This allows you to see the updates before you apply them
O.T. you can also go here for updates ie. news: http://www.debianplanet.org/
w
Right. I pretty much always use the -s option. What I'm looking for here is not so much a listing of updates for my particular system, but rather a way to see what new packages have been added into the various debian trees or updated packages which I don't have currently installed. Debian Weekly News does something like this with it's "New or Noteworthy Packages" list.
Now that i think of it, perhaps there is a way to have apt do this by comparing the new packages available to your old list after doing a "apt-get update". But i'm not sure about the synatx here.
De

Vintage Rare NexGen Nx586-P90 CPU VESA Local Bus VLB Motherboard Retro PC 16MB
$499.00
Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare
$48.66
NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
Vintage Apple Computer - WWDC 2000 - Blue Logo Bag
$495.00
HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused
$99.99
Vintage Retro Beige Sleeper PC Case Desktop Computer Key With Turbo Button
$89.99
Vintage Iomega Zip 100 Z100ATAPI Internal IDE Drive Beige Retro Computer
$25.00
WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181
$27.97
NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games
$449.00