-
Live Boot CD doesn't see hard drive running Windows XP Pro
I'm attempting to use Knoppix v6.4.4, which I just found out about. I'm a total newbie to Knoppix and the forum, but this is a really cool tool. I've searched the forum and haven't found an answer, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking something already on the forum.
I have (had) a machine running Windows XP Pro. It worked one day, and then wouldn't boot the next time it was powered on and is saying the boot sector is bad. So, I created a Live Boot CD to see if I could fix the hard drive. The Live Boot CD works fine, but the computer/knoppix doesn't show the hard drive when Knoppix is loaded.
So, does that mean the Hard drive is toast and a reformat/reinstall is my only option? While the critical stuff is backed up, there are a few things I'd like to retrieve if possible.
Thanks a million if anyone has a magic bullet!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00