-
forester, I think your missing out on the
%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
line.
as knoppix is a member of the sudo group it can still do all commands but you need to enter a password.
so it's essentially the same as
knoppix ALL=PASSWD: ALL
at least it's behaving that way
It could be that I'm making a mistake here because to be honest, I don't understand the sudoers file syntax.
-

Originally Posted by
dinosoep
forester, I think your missing out on the
Code:
%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
line.
I thought that might come up. My /etc/sudoers contains
Code:
# Uncomment to allow members of group sudo to not need a password
# %sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
My sudoers is that from Knoppix 6.4.4 MAXI EN edition but the sudo lines are from Debian Lenny. Is yours derived from the 6.4.4 CD or did you carry it forward from 6.4.3 ? It is closer to the lines to be found in Debian Squeeze.
The extra bit in the Debian Squeeze file reads "Note that later entries override this, so you might need to move it further down". So, I revise my last post to:
Code:
knoppix ALL=PASSWD: ALL
knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/wicd
My knoppix user is a member of the sudo group, so I too could use the default rule you use. I wonder what we'll find in 6.4.6 when it arrives.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

UniFi UCG Ultra Gateway Max
$200.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Protectli Vault FW4B - 4 Port, Firewall Micro Appliance - 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD
$300.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99