-
Prob with runnind LIve CD, only command interface
<span style="background-color: #99FF99;">Hi</span> I'm a total newbie <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">to</span> the exciting world of linux .I downloaded Knoppix 6.4.4 and burnt it on to a <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">CD
</span>But when I boot off the CD, <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">in my laptop, I</span><span style="background-color: #99FF99;"> get a</span> black screen with <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">multiple options like documents, multimedia, ... but</span> not the <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">classic desktop interface
</span><span style="background-color: #99FF99;">Can you people</span><span style="background-color: #99FF99;"> kindly help</span><span style="background-color: #99FF99;"> me in getting the desktop</span> interface ?
Thanks in advance
-
Senior Member
registered user
first of, i had to edit your text to be able to read it, please be kind to us all and keep things simple.
Hi. I'm a total newbie to the exciting world of linux . I downloaded Knoppix 6.4.4 and burnt it on to a CD But when I boot off the CD, in my laptop, I get a black screen with multiple options like documents, multimedia, ... but not the classic desktop interface
Can you people kindly help me in getting the desktop interface?
Thanks in advance
uhm, oops.
you have downloaded the Ariadne version, it is aimed at "blind" persons, try for one named knoppix only.
knoppix DE is the German language version, knoppix EN is the English.
read more here
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
especially these two parts
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download..._I_download.3F
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...O_CD_images.3F
Ps
you can still get regular knoppix by typing knoppix at the "boot:" prompt and hitting enter, downside is you have to remember doing it every boot.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99