Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Tried lots of things ... but won't boot

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2
    Well, I got it to work. I converted my 1st partition to fat32 and it booted up fine and displayed all my partition. However, the nic card was disable and I could not access any of my NTFS 5.0 partitions.

    I got the nic card working by going through Knoppix expert more and skipping autoprobe step.

    Now I am posting this message using Knoppix on my ze5170.

    _______
    Next task is to find a way to update my Nessus and Snort rules and signatures. I would also like to use Gnome instead of KDE. Looks like I will have to explore how to create my own Knoppix CD from scratch and just add the programs I need.

    So long

    Watchdog
    :P

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4
    I think I am about to give-up on this.
    I am able to see everything on the boot CD (I can open up HTML, TXT files, view JPG images etc).
    I would like to try the boot floppy again, which I did give a go, however the command suggetsed in the HTML file did not work,
    The document says to create a boot floppy use "rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A" from the DOS command-line when in the /Knoppix directory.
    I get the error response "boot-en.img: No such file or directory". The CD has file boot.img but not boot-en.img ...... I originally altered the command to use boot.img and the floppy was created.
    Is this indicative of a fundamental error somewhere??

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    I think I am about to give-up on this.
    I am able to see everything on the boot CD (I can open up HTML, TXT files, view JPG images etc).
    I would like to try the boot floppy again, which I did give a go, however the command suggetsed in the HTML file did not work,
    The document says to create a boot floppy use "rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A" from the DOS command-line when in the /Knoppix directory.
    I get the error response "boot-en.img: No such file or directory". The CD has file boot.img but not boot-en.img ...... I originally altered the command to use boot.img and the floppy was created.
    Is this indicative of a fundamental error somewhere??
    Just a change in the file on the CD in the english version, it now uses boot.img instead of the boot-en.img for the image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. new user - lots of stupid questions
    By tarinja in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:55 AM
  2. 3.4 5-17-04, lots of cloop read errors.
    By tdb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:39 PM
  3. boot loader and a few things
    By /dash in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:39 PM
  4. Lots of questions from a beginner
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 07:27 AM
  5. Lots of General questions about remastering
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99