-
Senior Member
registered user
@ forester
I presume you refer to LXDE main menu/System tools/Configuration editor,
but I've never understood just how to work that monstrosity.
I wasn't even sure it applied to 6.4.4.
Is there an instruction manual somewhere?
What I was looking for was equivalent to Win7 choice of disable
the Touchpad if another pointer was installed; not just suspend while typing.
& Thanks for reducing these ideas to match my level of expertise.
Last edited by utu; 03-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.
-

Originally Posted by
utu
I presume you refer to LXDE main menu/System tools/Configuration editor,
but I've never understood just how to work that monstrosity.
I wasn't even sure it applied to 6.4.4.
Is there an instruction manual somewhere?
@utu
You've got that with only the CD edition ? May be bits of it are honoured by LXDE. Documentation ? Try http://www.gnome.org/.
@anyone else
Anyway, anyone can turn off the annoying touchpad behaviour while typing. Where ever utu put:
Code:
synclient TouchpadOff=1
instead put:
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Dell Optiplex 7060 SFF Intel Core i5-8500 3GHz 8GB RAM No HDD No OS
$85.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00