-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I likely haven't even downloaded the version that you are using, so I can only give information in general concepts. Also, I should mention that I'm about to go to sleep, so this will be my last quick response.
Basically, in expert mode you bypass the Knoppix automatic detection and tell it what hardware you have. This may allow you to bypass faulty detection that causing a hang. Just boot knoppix and type expert at the boot prompt. I suggest taking good notes on how you answer the questions; and if you do hang try again and answer the question that led to the hang differently. Also, you might want to do a Google search on knoppix expert mode (always good advice before asking this type of question). There might be a "cheat code" that would help you get past the hang, but I have never heard of a hang at this point, so I don't know what to suggest. However someone else might be able to make more suggestions or I may come up with something myself if you learn anything from your experiments with expert mode.
And I'm assuming that you confirmed with as md5 test that you have a good ISO download before burning the Knoppix disc, and that you burnt at low speed, otherwise you might just be hanging because you have a bad disc and expert mode isn't going to help that.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67