After doing the knx-install (which seemed to go well) off fo the 2003-05-20-beta LiveCD, modprobe gives me the following error on boot (and afterwards):
I do have a /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/modules.dep, though. Is this a path that's compiled into the modprobe command, or is this settable somewhere?Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.18-k7/modules.dep
Did my version of Knoppix come with a bad flavor of modprobe, or have I done something foolish?
I plan to try creating a symlink to replace the 2.4.18.k7 directory to see if that'll take care of it. I don't like that as a solution, though, so I'm curious to find out what's really going wrong.
I'm also getting the following lines in my syslog file:
Can anyone provide me with some insight on this, too?Inspecting /boot/system.map
Symbol table has incorrect version number
Can't find map file
Loaded 141 symbols from 6 modules
Thanks.
Update:
Traced the problem to my lilo stuff. It looks like a previous install of debian was still being used for the kernel. Went through my lilo.conf for sanity, ran lilo, and it all works.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95