It will work.. you could use a bit more ram.
The latest KDE has about the same requirements as windows XP.
Best way is to try it out![]()
Hi
I wish to run knoppix on an AMD K6 III 400 MHz box with 64 MB RAM. Can I expect it to be a decent box for home use?
Cheers
Srini
It will work.. you could use a bit more ram.
The latest KDE has about the same requirements as windows XP.
Best way is to try it out![]()
I agree with eadz regarding ram. If you must use 64meg create a swap file or swap partition. I run a 350mhz cpu with 128mg ram. I tried it with 64meg but it was very slow. Jimmy.
--Oh GOD, no... XP *eats* 128MB RAM right at bootup. For no good reason at all.
--You can run Knoppix in text-mode if you want, that only needs about 20-32MB RAM. Plus you can do so much more with Knoppix...
Originally Posted by eadz
Right. I was talking about KDE with those requirements. Hmm it seems there are no official KDE hardware requirements.Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99