-
System Settings
I just installed 6.4.3 cd on to my Dell laptop with no problems, but want to re-install. I did notice that there seems to be no system settings in preferences, but suddenly there was? I also noticed that the time stayed in the correct timezone (unlike with 6.4.4) but no luck keeping the language to english uk and the keyboard to gb. Have to change them manually each time I log on. Any suggestions would be welcome and does system settings just suddenly get installed? It's not there when you first install the cd. Thanks a lot. I, by the way, think the LXDE desktop perfect
-
Senior Member
registered user
You have been told this on another thread you started but it was a bit confusing.
There is a bug in 6.4.3 when starting a UK keyboard.
Setting lang=uk quite likely locks everything up - it did for me.
The solution to getting the gb keyboard is using:
xkeyboard=gb
keeping the dictionary language to UK is a bit of a problem.
The bug has been resolved in Knoppix 6.5 but currently that is only available as a magazine cover disk.
-
thanks for the reply and sorted the keyboard out. Is 6.5 due for release soon? I can;t believe how little energy this uses. It'd awesome.
-
Is 6.5 due for release soon?
... Klaus Knopper wrote in the mailing-list
As always, I will need some time to evaluate feedback from 6.5, add some
changes (including some of your proposals), and prepare the CD version
as well. So, probably not before May.
-
Not long then! The battery in this Dell Inspiron seems to last for ever using the LXDE desktop. Very fast as well. Thanks a lot.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99