-
Senior Member
registered user
@FlameWeasel
Thanks for the newsy notes.
I hope you will continue to participate and contribute to our forum.
I have turned off the my 'private' option since it has been used by
several in hopes I can solve their unique problems. More than likely
I can't, and the requestor would do better to ask in the open forum,
where others can see and respond to their problem.
If you are a competent scripter, many of us without formal training
can use some tutoring. Please help educate us. As for your needs
in Linux configuration, that's a common thread in which we all are
here looking for answers.
There are a few forum contributors which are too abrasive in their
inter-personal styles for my taste as well as yours. However, they
often have knowledge and/or experience we can learn from if we are
patient enough.
All things considered, I get more out of this forum than any other
I've run across. I do regret we don't have some participation by
Klaus K, himself. I imagine that he is a very popular and busy man
and hasn't the time to devote to this niche.
In keeping with this thread I offer the following update. I've turned
off Compiz, and I've turned back on the lxpanel hide-when-not-in-use.
I occasionally still have a keyboard lock-out that can only be
cured by control-alt-backspace. It only happens when I've also had
LibreOffice in use for spreadsheet operations. I can live with that.
I save my stuff fairly often, so I never lose much, if anything, on
an unplanned shutdown. And, finally, I can't see that the suggestion
in my Post #5 has any effect on any of my complaints whatsoever.
Looking forward to your powerbtn.sh thread.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48